Friday, May 29, 2009

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

My son is getting off the school bus this afternoon with two of his friends. One is a lovely, little girl who has celiac disease. For those not familiar with celiac disease, sufferers cannot tolerate gluten.

Most Friday afternoons, my little man looks forward to a homebaked treat. Let's face it nothing beats milk and cookies after a tough week of reading, writing and arithmetic. Now, I can't let him down. But, I also don't want this little girl to feel left out.

After searching for a flourless cookie recipes, I came across several for flourless peanut butter cookies. This one is adapted from one that I found here.


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup creamy all natural peanut butter (I used Teddy Smooth Old Fashioned All Natural Peanut Butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Form a log (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter) with the dough. Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Baked for 10 minutes or edges are lightly browned. Makes approximately 24 cookies.

10 comments:

  1. YUM!!!
    HI following from MBC. Come follow me. www.momtrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great site, found you in the under 100 followers group on MBC. I'm at http://www.imasleeperbaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the recipes! following from MBC. check out luckyjune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try this. My kids love peanut butter cookies. I've never seen this recipe before.

    ~Nita (MBC)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy, following you from under 100 club. Hope you'll follow me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant cook or bake but I will definately try this!
    following from follow me club on MBC
    http://wannabeworkathomemommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peanut butter my favorite cookie got to try these....... Following from MBC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a friend who is cutting out gluten from her son's diet, I'll pass this recipe on to her. Sounds tasty!

    p.s. following you from MBC Under 100!
    http://thanksmailcarrier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't love a good peanut butter cookie? My Grandmama used to make the best cookies, bless her soul! Following you from MBC.
    -Blake
    http://centerpetpharmacy.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love flourless pb cookies - easy to make and so yummy!! I'm sure the little girl and your son appreciated them very much!

    ReplyDelete