Sunday, October 4, 2009

Long Time No Post

It's been quite some time since I have posted to this blog. It's amazing how easy it is to procrastinate. I could try to come up with all the standard excuses for why I haven't written in so long. The truth is I have just been distracted by real life. Between working two jobs and spending time with my family, I simply haven't had the time or energy to blog.

There were so many times when I've thought about writing and felt too much time had past since my last post. Then I rationalized not writing by telling myself that no one was going to read it anyway.

Well, today I have decided that my goal for the next couple of months is to post at least three times a week. If no one reads it, that's ok.

I originally started the blog so that I could look back at what recipes I had tried. What had prompted me to cook a certain dish? What were my culinary successes? Which ones didn't live up to my expectations?

So as I gaze at the spectacular fall foliage here on the Mountain Top, I think I'll go search for a great pumpkin recipe. Or maybe I'll take little guy apple picking this afternoon and we can make and an apple crisp for dessert tonight?

4 comments:

  1. this is my favorite time of year to cook, just went to the public market yesterday and got a ton of fall veggies, I'll be posting some goodness soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,

    I agree with you completely. Can't wait to see to see what new things you'll posting on your blog. http://imasleeperbaker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a very good goal!

    best of luck..

    following you though MBC follower group...i hope you will visit and follow back too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Blog! Following from MBC... I would love it if you would follow me too!

    ReplyDelete